Renting a bicycle is subject to the rental conditions as drawn up by the Bovag (version July-2017) as well as the added conditions of the lessor. The full version is available here, and will be provided on request at the main branch at Paaslandweg 1.
In short the applicable conditions and additional conditions:
- The lessor is Rijwielverhuur Soepboer, located at Paaslandweg 1, 9166PV Schiermonnikoog. Phone nr. 0519-531636. Open daily from 8am to 6pm.
- The tenant is liable for the rented property (in groups the main tenant).
- The tenant is obliged to report damage and/or loss to the landlord as soon as possible (10.1 and 14.5)
- The rented object may not be used outside the designated roads and paths (9.1). (The bicycles are therefore also NOT on the beach).
- Electric bicycles are not allowed to cycle over the wooden bridges in the salt marsh area, dismount before crossing these bridges!.
- The rented item must be returned to the branch where it was rented. (6.1)
- The rented property may not leave the island.
- It is forbidden to take people on the back (only in child seats) (9.3)
- It is not allowed to make changes to the bicycle (it is also not allowed to attach your own bicycle trailer) (9.2)
- It is not permitted to carry out repairs to the rented property without the permission of the lessor (14.2)
- The renter is obliged to take good care of the bicycle. (9);
- The bike must be locked. (9.1)
- The electric bicycle must be charged according to the instructions.
- The renter must handle the keys of the bicycle properly (9.9)
- The renter must secure luggage correctly (9.3)
- Early return of the rented item does not entitle you to a refund.
- The renter must ensure that the bicycle is not used by someone who is not able to do so.
- The deductible is a maximum of 150.- per bicycle and 300.- per electric bicycle, provided the rental conditions have been observed (12.1). This deductible cannot be bought off.
- Payment is made prior to the rental period, unless agreed otherwise (with the permission of the landlord). In the latter case, payment must be made within 14 days.
- We, as Fietsenverhuur Soepboer, reserve the right to collect and recalculate a deposit (8.1)
- In case one does not respect or abuses the above mentioned conditions we will collect the rented item without any restitution of funds.
The lessor reserves the right to confiscate the bicycle in the event of non-compliance with these rental conditions, without being entitled to a refund of the rental price.